The solution? Uptime monitoring, which refers to a process designed to minimize costly downtime through timely alerts if a website goes down. In the last few years, website uptime monitoring tools have emerged to help users, online entrepreneurs, and business owners know when their website goes down and act quickly to minimize the effects of any downtime.
Websites go down for tons of different reasons, ranging from traffic spikes to data center problems, website code issues, hacker attacks, and scheduled maintenance. Responding quickly to these issues is essential because:
- Downtime leads to lost revenue—If you run the bulk of your operations online, any downtime can result in lost sales, conversions, and revenues.
- You want to keep customers happy—Nobody likes a website that’s slow or doesn’t work. Although some customers will wait through periods of downtime, most will move on.
- Your online presence affects your offline reputation—When users can’t access your site, this will affect what they think about your business.
- You can target hackers faster—When a hacker tries to bring down your site, you can divert the issue before too much damage has been done.
- You don’t want to harm your rankings—Google knows that some downtime is inevitable, but too much can start to impact your hard-earned rankings.
Sleep better, gain peace of mind, and run your business confidently knowing that your website is always going strong and staying live with an uptime monitoring service. Here at WordJack Media, we recommend UptimeRobot, the world’s leading online monitoring service. While this service doesn’t detect all potential issues with your website (for example, it would not alert you of a website defacement attack, which means the site is still up but is showing unwanted ads), it is a great solution for monitoring downtime situations.
Find out more about how we can help you protect the strength of your website and your business’ reputation with uptime monitoring and other completely customizable web marketing services by contacting us.