Does your business have a website? Even if you answered yes to that question, the answer to this question: “Does your business have a perfect website?” is always NO. No matter how great your website is, it can always be improved. Here are our top 10 tips for how you can improve your business’ website today!
1) SEO – Make sure your site is optimized for Google and other search engines. The best way to do this is think about what search terms people will use when looking for products/services like yours and then include these terms in the text of your site. Also make sure you have keyword-driven URLs, page titles, and headers.
2) Correct Information – Make sure your address, phone number, email address, hours of operation, and products/services offered are present and correct on the site. Inaccurate or missing information means missed leads.
3) User-Friendliness – Put yourself in the shoes of a potential customer—would they have a positive experience on your website? Is everything easy to find? Is it easy to tell what products and services you offer? Would they be able to contact you easily?
4) Fresh Content – You should think of the content on your small business website as a spider web, and the bigger the web, the more flies it is able to catch. The addition of a blog is a simple and effective way to build out your website’s overall content, which over time will build its authority and overall search engine rankings.
5) Design – Is your website design clean, professional, and modern? Are the design & the colors on your website consistent with the personality and branding of your business? If not, it might be time to invest in a new site design. Also, make sure the program/platform you’re using doesn’t restrict you from easily making changes.
6) Social Media Buttons – Make sure you have links to all your social media profiles on your website so your visitors can easily find you, like you, and follow you. Also, you should add sharing buttons to your blog posts and other website content, making it easy for your visitors to post it online.
7) Mobile – What does your website look like when you view it on a phone or tablet? Make sure everything looks right and that the site can be easily navigated on a mobile device.
8) Special Offers – Is the “special offers” page on your website blank, featuring expired deals, or “coming soon”? Make sure to always have at least one current deal on your website, and consider running Google PPC campaigns to drive traffic to that page.
9) Graphics – The simple addition of an image or video with your content can really improve a user’s interaction with the content. However, don’t go overboard. If your website doesn’t load within a few seconds, people will give up, so don’t overload your page so much with graphics that no one ever gets to see them.
10) Call to Action – Ask yourself, “What do I want a visitor to do when they come to my site?” Do you want them to call, fill out a contact form, download a brochure, get directions to your location, etc.? Whatever you want them to do, each page of your site should be designed to encourage and request that behavior.
WordJack Media provides a wide range of website design and online marketing solutions to clients throughout Canada and the US, including Collingwood ON, Ottawa ON, Barrie ON, Miami FL, Lakeland FL, Orlando FL, Charlotte NC, Hickory NC, Asheville NC and more. Contact WordJack Media today for more information about how we can help your business win on the web!